Over 70s Health Information
All patients over 70 are welcome to book a health/wellbeing check with our nursing team.
The health check will take approximately 40 minutes and the nurse will check your BP, weight, height, blood test and enquire about any other health needs you require assistance with.
You will receive an invitation annually starting from your 70th Birthday.
All patients have a named GP who will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our surgery provides to them.
The GP will also work with other relevant health and care professionals who are involved in your care to ensure that your care package meets your individual needs.
This does not prevent you from seeing any GP in the practice as you currently do.
- Age UK - Advice including legal, health & wellbeing, Care, Support, Travel, Hobbies, Etc...
Contact Details: 0800 678 1602, Website: www.ageuk.org.uk/bradforddistrict/
- Blue Badge Scheme - Help with Parking
Contact Details: 01274 438723, Website: www.bradford.gov.uk/bluebadge
- Bradford Live at Home Scheme - A wide range of social activities, events, supported holidays, befriending, interest groups, signposting and other services that enable older people to remain actively involved in their local community.
Contact Details: 01274 397302, Website: www.mha.org.uk/live-home/live-home-near-me/bradford/
- Bradford Council Contact Centre - Advice for social isolation and help getting food.
Contact Details: 01274 431000, Website: www.bradford.gov.uk
- Bus Pass - Information and online application.
- Cafe West - A wide range of social activities and events, befriending, interest groups, signposting and other services that enable older people to remain actively involved in their local community.
Contact Details: 01274 488499, Website: www.cafewest.org.uk/whatson.html
- Fire Brigade - Safe & well visit (fire brigade will attend property to discuss how to be fire safe and fit alarms if needed).
Contact Details: 0800 587 4536
- Girlington Community Centre - English for speakers of other Languages, Peer support, Counselling, Diabetes prevention, Walking groups, Community courses, Community clean ups and Health workshops.
Contact Details: 01274 542454, Website: www.girlingtoncentre.co.uk
- HALE - Social Isolation, Support Groups, Health & Weight Loss, Befriending Service, Allotment Groups, Etc...
Contact Details: 01274 271088, Website: www.haleproject.org.uk/reducing-isolation/befriending/
- Hearing Aids - Lost, stolen or damaged.
Contact Details: 01274 364071, Audiology Department, Bradford Royal Infirmary.
- Macmillan Cancer Support - Providing physical, financial and emotional support.
Contact Details: 01274 776688, Website: www.macmillan.org.uk/